Comedy Through the Ages [TTC Audio]

7d47c785e915b108d6e5ad12e9d5a82e.webp

Comedy Through the Ages [TTC Audio]
English | 2000 | 12 hrs and 16 mins | MP3 | 365 MB

Authors: Seth Lerer, Teaching Company
Summary: Twenty four 30 min. lectures examine the meaning and history of comedy as a literary genre.

Part 1, Tape 1. Lecture 1. The scope and range of comedy ; Lecture 2. Some critical approaches to comedy ; Lecture 3. Greek comedy: historical and literary contexts ; Lecture 4. Aristophanes's The frogs: the comedy of acting
Tape 2. Lecture 5. Roman comedy: themes, traditions, contexts ; Lecture 6. Plautus: play, performance, and the arts of theater ; Lecture 7. Language and the body I: Chaucer and medieval comedy ; Lecture 8. Language and the body II: Rabelais, carnival, and renaissance comedy
Tape 3. Lecture 9. Shakespearean comedy I: contexts, overviews, form ; Lecture 10. Shakespearean comedy II: The taming of the shrew ; Lecture 11. Classic French comedy: Molie re and his worlds ; Lecture 12. Molie re's Tartuffe. Part 2, Tape 1. Lecture 13. The 18th century comedy of words ; Lecture 14. Sheridan's The rivals ; Lecture 15. Wilde and Coward I: comedies of class, aestheticism, and camp ; Lecture 16. Wilde and Coward II: the ends of new comedy
Tape 2. Lecture 17. Rituals and rites in modern comedy ; Lecture 18. Camp: history, criticism, comic texture ; Lecture 19. Women in comedy I ; Lecture 20. Women in comedy II: Anita Loos and the female comic voice
Tape 3. Lecture 21. Beckett: comedy and the absurd ; Lecture 22. Waiting for Godot: The landscape of comic emptiness ; Lecture 23. Ethnicity and humor: from vaudeville to Philip Roth ; Lecture 24. The comic legacy: present and future

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.