New Year Quotes

• Andr-Tech

New Year Quotes

New-Year-Quotes.png

1. Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and days of auld lang syne? For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we’ll take a cup o' kindness yet, For auld lang syne. ~ Robert Burns (1759-1796) Scottish poet and lyricist. He is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide. His poem (and song) "Auld Lang Syne" is often sung at Hogmanay (the last day of the year)
  2. New Year's Day: now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual . . . New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls, and humbug resolutions. ~ Mark Twain (1835-1910), author of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawer
  3. Be at War with your Vices, at Peace with your Neighbours, and let every New Year find you a better man. ~ Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) Founding Father and a polymath, inventor, scientist, printer, politician, freemason, and diplomat.
  4. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. ~ Albert Einstein (1879-1955), the German-born physicist who developed the general theory of relativity.
  5. A new heart for a New Year, always! ~ Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
  6. New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time. ~ James Agate (1877-1947) critic.
  7. Many years ago, I resolved never to bother with New Year's resolutions, and I've stuck with it ever since. ~ Dave Beard, Baseball star.
  8. Dieting on New Year's Day isn't a good idea as you can't eat rationally but really need to be free to consume whatever is necessary, moment by moment, in order to ease your hangover. I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second. ~ Helen Fielding (1958-) in her 1996 novel Bridget Jones.
  9. Year: A period of three hundred and sixty-five disappointments. ~ Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913), American author.
  10. The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul. ~ GK Chesterton (1874-1936), English writer.
  11. The only way to spend New Year's Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel. Otherwise, when the evening ends and people pair off, someone is bound to be left in tears. ~ W H Auden (1907-1973), poet and essayist.
  12. It's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~ from the 1989 comedy film - When Harry Met Sally.
  13. Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. ~ Oprah Winfrey, American talk show host, television producer, actress, author, and media proprietor.
  14. The proper behaviour all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. ~ PJ O’Rourke (1947-) American political satirist, journalist, and author
  15. Every New Year is the direct descendant, isn't it, of a long line of proven criminals! ~ Ogden Nash, American poet (1902-1971).
  16. Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. ~ Alfred Tennyson, English poet. (1809-1892)
  17. Good resolutions are simply cheques that men draw on a bank where they have no account. ~ Oscar Wilde, playwright, and poet (1854-1900)