Masterclass - Painting a Baja Fairy Duster

Srbija

originalhec24.jpg

Masterclass - Painting a Baja Fairy Duster
Video: .MP4, 1920x1080, 30 fps | Audio: AAC, 48 kHz, 2ch | Duration: 1h 54m Genre: eLearning | Language: English | Size: 2.28 GB

In this Masterclass, I'm painting a Baja Fairy Duster from start to finish. This started out as a commission to create a bookmark for Desert Survivors Nursery in Tucson. I decided to record the entire process so that I could show you how I painted it. The flowers of the Baja Fairy Duster are an eye-catching shade of bright red that is a hummingbird magnet. In this illustration I painted the flower buds, the full flower, the spent flower and the seed pods - basically the entire flower-cycle.
I painted this in Acrylic Gouache, but the technique is 90% the same whether you are using Traditional Gouache, Casein, Acrylic or Acryla Gouache.
After finishing the painting, I scanned it and brought it into Adobe Photoshop so I could crop it, add text and prepare it for export to the Printers to make the printed bookmarks. I give you a brief glimpse into this process, although a full blown lesson is Photoshop is best left for its own freestanding class.

masterclasspaintingabtucfp.jpg

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.