Why you should always be on time

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Why you should always be on time

A priest was being honoured at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the parish. A local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to give a speech before the dinner. The politician was delayed, so the priest decided to say a few words while they waited.

"My first impression of the parish came from the very first confession I heard here and I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place. The first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his employer, had an affair with his boss' wife, was arrested several times for public drunkenness and had given a sexually-transmitted disease to his sister in law. I was appalled that one person could do so many awful things, and wondered if others in the parish were as sinful. But, as time went on, I learned that my people were not all like that and that I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people."

Just as the priest finished, the politician arrived full of apologies for being late. He went to the podium and began his speech.

"I will never forget the day our parish priest arrived", the politician said. "In fact, I had the honor of being the first person to go to him for confession."

• Haha 4