Plane towing ‘will you marry me’ sign crashes killing passenger

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Plane towing ‘will you marry me’ sign crashes killing passenger

102613.jpg

A marriage proposal ended in tragedy as a plane crashed and became engulfed in flames in Parc Dieppe in Montreal, Canada, not far from where a music festival was taking place

A small plane carrying a “Will You Marry Me?” banner crashed onto an island, killing a passenger and injuring the pilot.

The plane, a 1974 Cessna 172, crashed in Parc Dieppe in the Canadian city of Monteal at around 6pm on Saturday, not far from where a music festival was taking place.

Video shows the plane engulfed in a great ball of fire moments after crashing as emergency services rushed to the scene.

Police were seen taping off nearby streets and patrolling the St. Lawrence River nearby where the marriage proposal sign had fallen.

The plane’s passenger was killed while the pilot survived and was taken to hospital.

It is unclear whether the passenger killed was the person who had intended to propose.

The pilot has been identified as Gian Piero Ciambella, owner of an aerial advertising agency Aerogram.

The other person on board has not been publicly identified.

The small plane took off from the St-Mathieu-de-Laprairie Airport at 5.46pm, according to CTV News, with evidence on the ground suggesting that when the plane touched the ground, it bounced and spun before coming to a rest.