Crypto Dictionary

Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4

79Afgfp.png

Expand your mind and your crypto knowledge with the ultimate desktop dictionary for all things cryptography. Written by a renowned cryptographer for experts and novices alike, Crypto Dictionary is rigorous in its definitions, yet easy to read and laced with humor. Flip to any random page to find something new, interesting, or mind-boggling, such as:

• A survey of crypto algorithms both widespread and niche, from RSA and DES to the USSR’s GOST cipher
   • Trivia from the history of cryptography, such as the MINERVA backdoor in Crypto AG’s encryption algorithms
   • An explanation of why the reference to the Blowfish cipher in the TV show 24 makes absolutely no sense
   • Types of cryptographic protocols like zero-knowledge; security; and proofs of work, stake, and resource
   • A polemic against referring to cryptocurrency as “crypto”
   • Discussions of numerous cryptographic attacks, including slide and biclique 
The book also looks toward the future of cryptography, with discussions of the threat quantum computing poses to current cryptosystems and a nod to post-quantum algorithms, such as lattice-based cryptographic schemes.

With hundreds of incisive entries organized alphabetically, Crypto Dictionary is the crypto go-to guide you’ll always want within reach.

Archive: rar
Formats: epub, pdf, mobi
File Size: 10.4 MB
Print Length: 150 pages
Publication Date: March 16, 2021

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 said:

Expand your mind and your crypto knowledge with the ultimate desktop dictionary for all things cryptography. Written by a renowned cryptographer for experts and novices alike, Crypto Dictionary is rigorous in its definitions, yet easy to read and laced with humor. Flip to any random page to find something new, interesting, or mind-boggling, such as:

• A survey of crypto algorithms both widespread and niche, from RSA and DES to the USSR’s GOST cipher
   • Trivia from the history of cryptography, such as the MINERVA backdoor in Crypto AG’s encryption algorithms
   • An explanation of why the reference to the Blowfish cipher in the TV show 24 makes absolutely no sense
   • Types of cryptographic protocols like zero-knowledge; security; and proofs of work, stake, and resource
   • A polemic against referring to cryptocurrency as “crypto”
   • Discussions of numerous cryptographic attacks, including slide and biclique 
The book also looks toward the future of cryptography, with discussions of the threat quantum computing poses to current cryptosystems and a nod to post-quantum algorithms, such as lattice-based cryptographic schemes.

With hundreds of incisive entries organized alphabetically, Crypto Dictionary is the crypto go-to guide you’ll always want within reach.

Archive: rar
Formats: epub, pdf, mobi
File Size: 10.4 MB
Print Length: 150 pages
Publication Date: March 16, 2021

Hidden Content

Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4,

the file link asks for a 'decryption key' which you haven't provided. Could you correct this please?

Maz (bluescope)

• Like 2

If anyone experiences the glitch mentioned above, the solution is to copy/paste the link as given in the first post above into a new tab or window.

Don't click on the link or select/open in new tab from within forum-andr. The 'Hide referrer' anonymizer seems to strip the Mega web address of the key which is added at the end of that address. The solution above avoids that glitch.

Maz (bluescope)

I am woman, so bite me

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • SuperModerator

Well that's weird as I didn't experience any problem at all opening the MEGA link, and there clicking on download

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

Well that's weird as I didn't experience any problem at all opening the MEGA link, and there clicking on download

here's what I get:

2021-03-31-051127.jpg

oddly enough, I just discovered that clicking the Esc(ape) button on the keyboard dismisses that 'Enter decryption key' dialog.

Note the address

Hidden Content

which has been shortened by the 'hide referrer' watchamacallit.

Maz (bluescope)

I am woman, watch me conquer

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • SuperModerator

How odd! Must for sure be one of your add-ons again causing this, Maz.

I just downloaded it for a third time, and as I said, it works fine for me, without having to enter a decryption key.

• Like 2

The funny thing is, this is the first time this has ever happened for me with any links, including MEGA links, which have always before opened for me as they did for you. To make it doubly mysterious, I just searched for an old post that had Mega links, and sure enough, those opened with no trouble. Could there be something in the way these new links of BCE's are formed? In a PM, he wrote something about the links as they appear encoded and posted by him (and as supplied by MEGA when created) have the decryption key 'on the end' (whatever that means) and we both noticed that the link I get after the hide referrer translation and sent to Mega is much shortened.

I any case, if this is a problem for anyone else, I've shown two solutions, and I myself am ready to move on. ?

I suggest that further discussion, if any, should be done in 'Tips and Tricks'

Maz (bluescope)

I am woman, and I bite

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

Can't add this to Tips and Tricks, members wouldn't understand...

There is no referrer. Our MEGA add-on in FF, FF Nightly or WF adds their extension to the link, it only changes

Hidden Content

Note that before "file/MxR2SLLS#SugxnQOR7uMdVC-TUxQJgOAVO4iJM7jLXoqP341qs4g" it changed the URL to the MEGA plugin.

I'm almost sure, if you update your MEGA plugin, it will work fine again.

As for the old links still working, they were posted to work with your, now obsolete, plugin. ... me thinks.

Maz, feel freeto delete all my comments and just leave yours. ;)

• Like 2