Portable X-Chormium v84.0.4147.125 (x64)

koolkat

As I wanted to use a couple of Chrome plug-ins that didn’t work well with my Opera or Edge, but I didn’t want to install Chrome, I did some research. But let’s see the whole picture.

Google Chrome is by far the most used browser, accounting for more than half of all web traffic.

Main advantages are:

• Loads and displays pages very fast
  • Simple design, making it easy to use
  • Stable and secure
  • Light
  • Powerful inbuilt features
  • Accepts a large range of plug-ins that extend further its functionality.

But at the same time, it is a privacy nightmare, due to the infamous Google practices of tracking your activity, collecting info on you and serving you its advertising.It also has high memory and CPU usage.

As a result of its privacy concerns, many users prefer to avoid it.

In an effort to get the advantages without the disadvantages, I’ve come across X-Chormium.This is an open source, portable browser that looks like Google Chrome and uses the same code base. As a result, it accepts the same plug-ins.X-Chromium, however, does not include automatic updates, has fewer audio and video codecs, and no Flash capability.

Advantages over Google Chrome include:

• Smaller size and resource usage
  • Better privacy
  • Full portability (stealth) 

Because of its portability, you do not have to install another browser, it makes no registry entries and can even be run from a USB stick. So you lose nothing by adding it.

Download (Win7 / Win8 / Win10)

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
Edited by BamSec1
Moved the comment to the Topic Description and added the program's name to the Topic Title.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • SuperModerator

Moved the comment to [ Topic Description ] and added the program's name to [ Topic Title ]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In view of the positive responses by valued members, I give some more background and a potentially useful tip.

As mentioned in the OP, this browser is of particular value to those who want a specific Chrome add-on that won’t work with other browsers. Furthermore, there is an advantage to having the add-ons installed in a browser you don’t use continuously, as they can spy on your browsing activities and more.

In my case, I wanted to use the TV4Ever add-on, which was the only tool that would download the subtitles together with the video. This add-on wouldn’t work with Opera, and only very erratically with Edge, yet works perfectly with X-Chromium. So I only launch this browser when I want to use this add-on. 

As for TV4Ever, it’s an excellent video downloader that will record from thousands of streaming sites.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 3