Andr hits 5 years

Seafood

Congratulations to all concerned, especially BamSec1 who has been the guiding light around  our home.

To all our top team who have guided us through the last five years.

But most of all the support of all our members old and new.

200mle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Andr-Tech

Happy Birthday, Andr. Thank-you WM and thanks to all those who helped (past and present, especially BamSec1) to make this legendary Community what it is today, long live ANDR!

hb_andr.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A lot of members here, like myself, have witnessed various incarnations of The ANDR||NET Forum. And like us - gracefully-aging pirates that we are - this forum has persisted, even thrived, despite some formidable obstacles to its continued existence.

I humbly salute all those who have made this possible - the Admins, the Mods and SuperMods (especially BamSec1), and the SuperContributors (knightryder and msstdfmt, among many fine others).

I have become more of an educated person because of this uncommonly-fine forum, and I will always be grateful toward it and to those who spend time here. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
On 5/2/2018 at 4:12 AM, parrish said:

A lot of members here, like myself, have witnessed various incarnations of The ANDR||NET Forum. And like us - gracefully-aging pirates that we are - this forum has persisted, even thrived, despite some formidable obstacles to its continued existence.

I humbly salute all those who have made this possible - the Admins, the Mods and SuperMods (especially BamSec1), and the SuperContributors (knightryder and msstdfmt, among many fine others).

I have become more of an educated person because of this uncommonly-fine forum, and I will always be grateful toward it and to those who spend time here. :)

So true!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator

Ouch! I totally missed this thread ... sorry Seafood! :(

On 4/29/2018 at 10:42 AM, 200mle said:

Congratulations to all concerned, especially BamSec1

On 4/29/2018 at 9:52 PM, uk666 said:

(past and present, especially BamSec1)

Not at all buddies! It's the whole team, staff and members, who make this a very special community.

I was asked by the Webmaster to control the ACP (Admin's Control Panel) when he is absent and keep the forum running, that's all.

All other tasks I do are the same like my co-Mods do, nothing more.

Well, that said, time for a picture! ...

22sOVLO.png

Note
Users of Internet Explorer can't see the above animation, and those using
Google Chrome, Chromium or Opera need to install an APNG add-on.
Firefox users have no problem viewing the animated PNG files.
Animated GIFs have only 256 colors while APNGs have 16 millions.
(APNG = Animated Portable Network Graphics)
Portable XnView opens APNG files ... » XnView «

Edited by BamSec1
BamSec1... Fixed: Link to XNView
  • Like 7
  • Administrator

After 3 months we'll hit 6,

On 4/29/2018 at 4:33 AM, mgk1956 said:

Wow Time does fly!

sure it does my friend, like it flew over your post ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I mean this forum-andr might be 5 years, but the original andr.net is much older than 5 years isnt it? I remember when I was a youngan like 14 years old finding cracks on the original site.

Love andr and friends for a very long time now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • SuperModerator
4 hours ago, redx113 said:

I mean this forum-andr might be 5 years, but the original andr.net is much older than 5 years isnt it?

Yes you are right redx113!

We had a first big crash in 2003 and were lucky to have a working backup to restart the forum with URL http://forum.andr.net.
But then, in 2013, a second crash ended the story of the original forum as we didn't have a fresh working backup.
The host we had at the time was the culprit as he didn't create one!

We all had to restart as newbies when this new Andr||Net forum was created.
We registered a new URL https://forum-andr.net (https instead of http and note the - replacing the .) at a new host.

Now an incremental backup is created every single day and a full one once per week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1