Poisoned Putin critic will return to Russia

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Alexei Navalny - Poisoned Putin critic will return to Russia

I can still hardly do anything, but yesterday I could breathe all day on my own. Actually, on my own

"Hi, this is Navalny. I miss you all," he wrote in the caption to his Instagram followers. "I can still hardly do anything, but yesterday I could breathe all day on my own. Actually, on my own."

Mr Navalny, the leading opponent of the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, fell violently sick in Siberia last month and was airlifted to Berlin.

Germany says laboratory tests in three countries have determined that he was poisoned with a novichok nerve agent, and western governments have demanded an explanation from Russia.

French President Emmanuel Macron called the attack an “assassination attempt” in a phone call with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on Monday, and demanded a transparent investigation. The Kremlin labeled the allegations groundless. It’s refused to open a criminal investigation, asserting it has no evidence Navalny was poisoned.

While German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government said it will consult with its European and Nato allies on how to react to the attack, a senior Social Democratic party member said on Tuesday that the case should be taken to the United Nations Security Council, even though Russia has a veto right there.

The whistle-blower Edward Snowden, who is currently in Russia, wrote of the suspected poisoning: “If confirmed, it is a crime against the whole of Russia. There can be no democracy without dissent.”
Navalny.jpg

The photograph showed Mr Navalny sitting up in bed and looking towards the camera, with his wife Yulia supporting him with her arms and their two children looking on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1