Sean Penn: Coronavirus czar a liar and incompetent pawn

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Sean Penn: Coronavirus czar a liar and incompetent pawn

sp.jpg

Sean Penn held nothing back as he told CNN his thoughts on Donald Trump’s pandemic response.

“I don’t have faith in giving advice to the White House testing czar or to the President of the United States,” Penn said as he sat down to talk about the crisis. “The former is a flat-out liar and an incompetent pawn.”

Penn’s non-profit organization Community Organized Relief Effort (CORE) has been providing additional COVID-19 testing and support.

He says that he’s found inspiration in his staff, the volunteers, and the frontline workers assisting in the pandemic.

The actor called on leadership to treat COVID-19 like a natural disaster and stressed that with the current response, “we’re killing ourselves.”

None of us lie’: Coronavirus testing czar rejects Trump’s attacks on health officials

bg.jpg

The president has repeatedly questioned his own administration’s experts as the pandemic threatens his re-election effort.

Admiral. Brett Giroir, the Trump administration’s coronavirus testing czar, on Tuesday rejected President Donald Trump’s suggestion that his own public health officials are liars.

“Look, we may occasionally make mistakes based on the information we have, but none of us lie. We are completely transparent with the American people,” Giroir told NBC’s “Today” show.

Giroir’s remarks came after Trump retweeted a message Monday from Chuck Woolery, the conservative former game show host, who wrote online: “Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust.”

Asked about that social media post Tuesday, Giroir was dismissive. “I’m a physician. I’m a scientist. I’m not a Twitter analyst. And to be quite honest, I don’t spend time looking at any of that on Twitter, because who knows what it means or how it’s interpreted,” he said.

Giroir also sought to defend the integrity of the White House coronavirus task force amid recent efforts by the president and the White House to discredit the very administration officials tasked with combating the pandemic.

Trump has expressed particular frustration with Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert. Over the weekend, the White House provided various news outlets with a list of statements the immunologist made in the early days of the outbreak in the U.S. that could appear damaging in retrospect.

“None of us are 100 percent right. That’s why we have multiple diverse views there,” he said. On Sunday, however, Giroir was less embracing of Fauci as reports of the White House’s smear campaign against him began surfacing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1