Cover Photo in Edit Profile

Hello Admin,

Normally the Forum Software of "Invision Community" allows to add a "Cover Photo" in Edit Profile.

Could you please, evaluate my suggestion to add this possibility in our forum too ? ?

uAevIqQ.png

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Administrator

Why be agressive, it's a simple question about someone who doesn't know about a "cover photo" in the invision community. It's not my domain of expertise so I'm just asking.

You already have a lot of personnalisation options on the forum and as a newbie you're directly asking for extra features none asked before. That's why my question to you who seem to be an expert on invision software. If you ask it means there's an added value to that feature ?

• Haha 1

Hello @Bad Karma,

Sorry, if my post/reply seems to be aggressive, it's never been my intention to be rude !!! (maybe a too direct style due to the language barrier) ? :imsorry:

I'm a long-time member of many technical forums and it seems to me that since the Forum software v4.x of "Invision Community", it is possible to add a "Cover photo" in Edit profile.

Benefits: well, this is only a personalization of the member's profile, visible to all members who view this member's profile. ?

A little explanation with Google :  https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/9682-40-cover-photos/ 

And this is where the "Cover Photo" comes from.  ?

RpJyKFc.png?1

PS: if necessary, I can PM a few personal examples.

Thanks for your attention. 

Have a nice week-end.  :bye:

Edited by hpwamr
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, hpwamr said:

maybe a too direct style due to the language barrier

I don't think so. I could almost breath in your neck at Pairi Daisa ;)

Thanx for enlightening me... No need for extra examples.

For my humble opinion, I don't have a need for the extra feature but I let the majority decide if they find it usefull. It's like on cars, too much features & gadgets distract you from the essential...

• Like 3
  • SuperModerator

WOW! I am not going to intervene in this discussion, but simply show why members can't add a cover photo to their profile.

We are not on a cheap offshore server, and that's the reason why our Webmaster wants this option to be disabled.

Every extra byte has to be paid and as cover photos can't be viewed with a link from picture hosts, they are uploaded to the server.

I think we are already spoiled enough with all the extra features the man pays for us (Themes, Addons, Appz). ;)

Member_Profile_2019-12-19.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

I think we are already spoiled enough with all the extra features the man pays for us (Themes, Addons, Appz).

We all don't say this often enough, but three cheers for the @Webmaster and sincere and humble thanks for your generosity! :hi2::love2:

It's an extraordinary commitment from an extraordinary and, to most of us, unknown man. Three cheers, free beers (if fate is kind to you) and no fears of unforseen costs blowouts (ditto, fate).

Maz Kanata.

• Like 5