Free Lifetime Cloud Storage

koolkat

Names will be mentioned as a warning to members.

So, on Mar 23 2019, Bitsdujour had a giveaway offer from Zoolz for 100GB free lifetime cloud storage. And my head must have been in the clouds when I registered for it.

First “cloud” in this cloud storage offer was that I couldn’t find how to directly upload my files. After some clarification, it transpired that the free storage had a couple of catches: I’d have to install their app to be able to upload, and give them a few hours advance notification for downloading.

Firstly, I didn’t see the need for installing any app just to be able to upload.

Secondly, I didn’t know what spying/advertising that app might contain. And

Thirdly, giving hours of notification reminds me of slow, unfriendly file hosts, which I avoid, not to mention my doubts about what download speed they’d allow.

As a result, I never made use of the offer.

This till May 13 2019, i.e. less than two months later, when they gave me a notification that all free accounts would be terminated, “much to their regret”!, and I had one month to get my stuff out of their site before losing it.

So much for free unusable storage for the lifetime of a butterfly.

Oh, yes, I nearly forgot. As compensation for deleting the free accounts, they offered a hefty discount off their regular prices for paid storage. What generosity! And there’s ungrateful me not making use of it. My mind must be clouded and not thinking straight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1