Farewell to the Horse: A Cultural History

Srbija

0054a78f.jpg

Farewell to the Horse: A Cultural History by Ulrich Raulff
English | February 13th, 2018 | ASIN: B073VX7JVF, ISBN: 1631494325 | 454 Pages | EPUB | 101.87 MB

A surprising, lively, and erudite history of horse and man, for readers of The Invention of Nature and The Soul of an Octopus.

Horses and humans share an ancient, profoundly complex relationship. Once our most indispensable companions, horses were for millennia essential in helping build our cities, farms, and industries. But during the twentieth century, in an increasingly mechanized society, they began to disappear from human history. In this esoteric and rich tribute, award-winning historian Ulrich Raulff chronicles the dramatic story of this most spectacular creature, thoroughly examining how they've been muses and brothers in arms, neglected and sacrificed in war yet memorialized in paintings, sculpture, and novels-and ultimately marginalized on racetracks and in pony clubs. Elegiac and absorbing, Farewell to the Horse paints a stunning panorama of a world shaped by hooves, and the imprint left on humankind.

"A beautiful and thoughtful exploration. . . . Farewell to the Horse is a grown-up, but also lyrical and creative, history book, and I very much enjoyed it."- James Rebanks, author of the New York Times bestseller The Shepherd's Life

Edited by bluescope
dead links removed

New links:

IMPORTANT!
To avoid pop-up/pop-under windows from the MirrorCreator site:
1. Right-click on the host you want to download from and select "Open in a new tab"
2. Right-Click again on the provided link and select again "Open in a new Tab"
3. Download from the host and close the 2 previously opened windows.
Doing so you will almost never have pop-up/pop-under windows.

HINT ... if you download from zippyshare
If Firefox is your browser, then right-click on the [DOWNLOAD] button and select "Save Link As..."
You won't have any pop-up window at all!

download.png

Mirrored.to

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Nitroflare

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Password: forum-andr.net

Andrites and Guests, please do NOT mirror my links on other forums

Maz (bluescope)

I am woman, hear me grumble