Searching gives zero found?

I don’t think this a problem with forum, probably just a setting of mine? I didn’t know where else to ask the question.

I looked for “Internet download manager” and found nothing. Tried with capitalized and few versions but no results found. Eventually tried version “6.30 build 6” and this found it.

What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

Gosh, if you do like explained it will for sure return a result (if there is any):

It never failed for me. ;)

And look HERE how many I found!

Cheers, :hi:
Bam

• Like 6
On 11/02/2018 at 5:41 PM, Stnfx said:

I don’t think this a problem with forum, probably just a setting of mine? I didn’t know where else to ask the question.

I looked for “Internet download manager” and found nothing. Tried with capitalized and few versions but no results found. Eventually tried version “6.30 build 6” and this found it.

What am I doing wrong?

I agree with you. I just tried searching for "Hide ALL IP" because I know there are multiple threads for that software and I know I have contributed in many of them, but yep, same as you, zero results for all search string permutations you can think of. The only way I could refind the threads was to search back through my own postings + replies.

That said, the search function on this website right back to the beginning when it was the "old" andr||net in the old black forum before this current iteration when there were 100x as many visitors and users than there are today, has never worked like any other forum on the internet. It has always been extremely esoteric and just plain ol' weird and dodgy. It's always been unreliable and unfathomable, so really, nothing has changed.

• SuperModerator
17 minutes ago, Legoman said:

That said, the search function on this website right back to the beginning when it was the "old" andr||net in the old black forum before this current iteration when there were 100x as many visitors and users than there are today, has never worked like any other forum on the internet. It has always been extremely esoteric and just plain ol' weird and dodgy. It's always been unreliable and unfathomable, so really, nothing has changed.

Well blimey ... you have to learn how to search ... check in the tips and tricks!!!

Searched_for_Hide_ALL_IP_in_Topics.png

• Like 3

No I don't. I know how to search. I can search on every other forum and website on the internet and always get the same reliable and reproducible results each and every time. Andr||net has always been unique and unreliable and just plain weird in how and when its search function decides to work (or more often not work). It has always been this way, people have always complained about it and it has never been fixed.

Andr%20search.gif?raw=1

Edited by Legoman
  • SuperModerator
4 minutes ago, Legoman said:

No I don't. I know how to search.

Exactly, you don't know how the IPS search functions.

Titlel+title+title is WRONG! Youre not on Google here.

"Title title title" is correct ... one needs to add the quotes and without any space between the quoteTXTquote !

• Like 2

In that case, please fix the search box in the top right corner of the forum so that all searches aren't automatically corrupted by the unwanted addition of + signs between all the words, when the search function is so ridiculously sensitive that doing so means the difference between getting results and getting none.

The quick-search function should be just that, quick and EASY. It should not require the careful editing of search terms by deleting added qualifier symbols to get results.

• SuperModerator
5 minutes ago, Legoman said:

In that case, please fix the search box in the top right corner

Again, this is something programmed by the US company IPS, we CANNOT change this!

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
4 minutes ago, Legoman said:

Bookmarked. thanks.

If you click on the gadget below, you will jump into the thread explaining how to do an advanced search. ;)

• Like 3
  • SuperModerator
17 hours ago, Legoman said:

Don't use the quick search box in the top right corner. It doesn't work!

It does when you type only 1 word (Minimum 4 letters, example: Hide) ... and also for searching members.
Watch it working: [H E R E]

If you use more than 1 word, use the Advanced Search ...
It is explained in the following topic: (Click on the gadget below to jump into it)

Cheers, :hi:
Bam

• Like 3