Windows 10 KeyLogger

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Windows 10 Privacy: turn off keylogging

maxresdefault.jpg

How to disable the hidden keylogger in Windows 10

Windows 10 is a true digital Big Brother that keeps track of everything you do.

Microsoft admits it has a keylogger in its Windows 10 speech, inking, typing, and privacy FAQ: “When you interact with your Windows device by speaking, writing (handwriting), or typing, Microsoft collects speech, inking, and typing information—including information about your Calendar and People (also known as contacts)…”

Microsoft claims that it collects ‘your typed and handwritten words to improve character recognition and provide you with a personalised user dictionary and text completion suggestions.’

Thankfully, this feature is optional and it is very easy to turn it off. 

Here are the settings to turn it all off:

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > General and make sure that Send Microsoft info about how I write to help us improve typing and writing in the future is set to Off.

0904-win10-finding-privacy-100609114-lar

windows-10-privacy-settings-turn-all-to-

While within the Privacy page, you may also want disable everything, unless there are some things you really need. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Turn it all off, including Win10.  Worse thing I ever did was to buy Win10.  Takes complete(almost) control of your system (that you paid for).  I don't use %90 of the crap that MS forces on you.  It also comes very close to removing ANY privacy that you thought you had.  In Feedback & Diagnosis, your only choice is letting MS use "Full" (ALL) of your data or (how nice of them) "Basic" which only uses some and they don't really define what they're using it for.  There needs to be a "NONE" as a choice.

Edited by stargate
anger at MS.
  • Like 2
  • SuperModerator
On 2/14/2018 at 2:19 AM, stargate said:

Turn it all off, including Win10.

:D But so true stargate. Reason why I kept Win7 (x64) on one of my systems ... the one I use the most!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

:D But so true stargate. Reason why I kept Win7 (x64) on one of my systems ... the one I use the most!

Dito here :)

• Like 1

It also only gives you MS choices as to default apps except for a few.  Win10 is also good at changing back the ones that it does let you make default so you have to go back in settings and change it back again.

The trouble with using W7 & W8.1 is that thru its updates, Microsoft has incorporated a posteriori many of the spying features of W10. 

As for silencing W10, you can do more than what it allows you thru its settings, by using third party tools, such as O&O's Shutup10 . But even so, you still can't silence everything.

And there's still more, I'm afraid. A host of apps, including antivirus, browsers, search engines and email servers, as well as sites you visit, are also at it.

If you try too hard to anonymise yourself and hide your actions, you may end up attracting the attention of authorities, from the spying of which you can't get away.

Once you connect to the web, only one thing can protect you: Assume that you can't have secrets, so don't do anything that might land you in trouble.

• Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
1 hour ago, koolkat said:

The trouble with using W7 & W8.1 is that thru its updates, Microsoft has incorporated a posteriori many of the spying features of W10. .

Who said in the past (I can't remember) that Windows updates are a must for security etc. etc. ...

I ALWAYS disabled automatic updates and waited until a new SP came before incorporating it to my Win7.

Sincerely, I'm happy I did opt to do so. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2018 at 7:35 PM, BamSec1 said:

So Do I, So Do I. Still not comfortable with windows 10

• Like 3

When I first went to W10 directly from my dear XP, I had to hide the hammer to protect my computer from imminent and total destruction.

But having got used to it, it's quite functional, including the initially infuriating tiles. But you do have to augment it with some 3rd party software, as a minimum: image viewer, antivirus, media player and file sync. Also image and audio editing.

• Thanks 1

If you use the Simplix update pack for Win 7 I posted in freeware section it does not incorporate any MS BS Telephony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1