Slimjet Settings

Does anyone use Slimjet Browser?  I have tried v9.0.30 and 8.0.30 and with either I cannot download or use links on warez sites.  I can do both on non-warez sites.  I have gone over the setting again and again and cannot figure what I have wrong.  This is the fastest browser, by far, that I have ever tried and I would really like to continue to use it.

The reason I have tried v8.0.30 is because a person on another site said he would help me as his worked fine, but I have waited several days and he has not gotten back to me.

If anyone can help me set the settings to allow me to download and use links on warez sites, I will be happy to try whatever version you may have.

Please advise.

beep22

• SuperModerator
On 4/18/2016 at 7:42 PM, beep22 said:

Does anyone use Slimjet Browser?

I've downloaded and tested Portable Slimjet after reading your post and I had no problems at all to use links from warez sites and download from hosts.

I think you might have changed one of the following;

1. Make sure to allow third party cookies, do NOT block them, else downloading is a no-no on most sites.

2. Also, select the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser".

3. Allow all sites to run JavaScript! If you do not allow that, downloads on many hosts, but not all, is not possible.

Hope this bit of info helps.

Cheers, :wink:

Bam

Bam, thanks so much for your effort.

I have tried everything I could think of and nothing has worked.  I think the problem may be that I left the setting "Protect your device from dangerous sites" on as is a default setting.  I just did not notice it.  Anyhow I tried to install the browser on my XP computer and was careful to uncheck the "Protect, etc and it did no good.  Same results.  I have checked and unchecked this line over and over and it does no good.  Now I believe the setting at held at slimjet.com under your IP and if you get it wrong it cannot be changed.   This is strange because other settings can be changed.

I have removed the browser from both of my computers.  When you remove the browser it goes to slimjet and  asks why.  I gave this vaguely cautious  reply "I Love this browser, best I have tried but it will not allow me to use links on some sites.  I click and nothing happens, I then try Firefox and it works.  Is there anyway to correct this? "

Tried to state the problem without mentioning warez.

Don't you love this browser?

Beep22

Edited by beep22
removed unnecessay line
  • Like 1

Reinstalled, version 9060.  Was unable to find setting "Keep local data only until you quit browser.

The other 2 settings are as you recommended.  Still unable to use links on warez sites.  I did highlight a couple links and had browser go to link and was able to download with and without Turbo.   

Heartbroken.

beep22

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

Yes, I like the browser, but will only use it to browse the net ... it is really fast, but still lacks add-ons.

To visit sites like Andr.net I'll keep using portable FF.

Have you also tried to copy the portable version to any of your folders instead of using the installable one?

90% of my programs are portables and my PC is still as fast as the day I bought it.

snap.png

See ... I have almost 60GB portable programs that I use regularly.

Win7, x64, 10GB Ram and 18TB Hard-Disks.

• Like 2

Works like a charm especially the portable version. No issues even when browsing warez sites. Protect etc., checked!

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
1 hour ago, mgk1956 said:

Works like a charm especially the portable version. No issues even when browsing warez sites. Protect etc., checked!

Good job old chap of mine! :wink:  and a real contributor that is.

• Like 1

The portable one was the first copy I tried and since it would not work correctly with warez, I then tried the installed versions, which I have tried since.  Still no cigar.

Today I had  a mystery.  My slimjet icon has disappeared from my desktop.  

beep22

10 hours ago, beep22 said:

The portable one was the first copy I tried and since it would not work correctly with warez, I then tried the installed versions, which I have tried since.  Still no cigar.

Today I had  a mystery.  My slimjet icon has disappeared from my desktop.  

beep22

Best way (which I always do) go in for a complete reformat and installation.

• Like 1

I will do without slimjet rather than reformat .  Even though my SJ will not work with links on warez sites, I can highlight, right click and go to address of link.

beep22

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
10 hours ago, beep22 said:

1. I will do without slimjet rather than reformat.

2. Even though my SJ will not work with links on warez sites, I can highlight, right click and go to address of link.

1. I think mgk1956 meant removing everything you have installed from SJ. Best is to also do a registry clean, removing everything showing up from SlimJet and then use the portable version.

2. That's what I ALWAYS do, right-click and open in a new tab. It also saves many pop-ups. :wink:

Cheers, :wink:

Bam

I used jvPower Tools to remove stuff from registry.  Is there any software better?  I also used the portable version on my initial try of SJ.  Will try again.

Thanks

beep22

3 minutes ago, beep22 said:

I used jvPower Tools to remove stuff from registry.  Is there any software better?  I also used the portable version on my initial try of SJ.  Will try again.

Thanks

beep22

You could try Advanced systemcare

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

Just for info ...

I use regedit and search for slimjet, eventually sj, but one has to be very, very careful ...

if you remove something the system needs, you might end up with nothing at all anymore!

• Like 1