Acronis Try & Decide

I'm using Windows Pro 64 bit (6.2, build 9200) with i7 Intel processor {3rd generation} & DH77EB Intel mother board. Acronis True Image Premium 2014 Build 6688  has been installed since the time of its release without any problems until recently. When I activate try & decide mode from the app & reboot with the intentions to continue in try & decide mode it does not stay in persist mode instead the PC comes out of the try& decide mode & appears as if it was never started. This was never the case earlier in fact I've tried the more recent version of acronis 2016 on windows 10 pro also but to of no avail, every time the result remains the same. My grievances started after I tried to install windows 10 pro through usb pen drive. I've also reset the bios settings but the problem is still lurking. What could probably be the issue? Please help.

Try the Acronis TI 'Reset to Default' buttons and rebooting.

If this had no effect, you may have to uninstall ATI and use the - Acronis Clean up Utility to clear out any assorted items. Afterwards try to reinstalling the Acronis TI.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Edited by uk666
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice uk666 although the ATI 2014 version was resolved in windows 8 environment by repairing the corrupt MBR but ATI 2016 is still giving trouble. In fact after a failed attempt of making ATI 2016 Try & Decide to work in fresh install of windows 10 I tried to restore the windows 8 image via ATI 2016 but to my amazement & dismay I found the duplicate boot files scattered on to my non system disk and when I deleted the duplicate entries the system became unbootable. This is an unheard & unlikely kind of behaviour from Acronis never in my life have I experienced such anomalies from such a reputed programme. Could this be due to incompatibility between ATI 2016 & Windows 10 or is it that Acronis has gone totally wrong this time? Hoping the new build of ATI 2016 might resolve all the issues.

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

IMHO Win10 is the culprit for all the troubles ... I'll wait an other few month before installing it.

It might be good for people who only (or mainly) use Micros**t programmes and most probably 100%

compatible with those, but if you use a lot of other programs, like me, then it's GRRR!

I know more people in my neighbourhood who have problems since they installed Win10.

Oh and proud that they are because they upgraded before me! Nah, As I warned them in advance, I won't help them! :rofl:

• Like 4