Julie Kelly - Everything I Love (2006)

BamSec1

• SuperModerator

Julie Kelly - Everything I Love (2006)

JKm_EIL06.jpg

She looks like a suburban soccer mom and has a wide-open, sun-burnished voice to match. Which is not to suggest that Julie Kelly, who has been churning out terrific albums for over a decade, is a jazz lightweight. To appreciate the depth of Kelly's talent, one need look no further than 'Indian Summer,' the penultimate track of the dozen included on her latest, and most satisfyingly wide-ranging, disc. Most singers take the safe, predictable route with 'Indian Summer,' injecting the Al Dubin/Victor Herbert chestnut with autumn chill to underscore the lyrics' wistful sense of loss. Kelly instead does something marvelously clever, intensifying the ache by playing it lighter, filling her skies with clouds that are just starting to gray. I suspect it's a technique she learned by studying June Christy so carefully (her previous disc was a full-length tribute to the misty Miss Christy), and it returns full force for the closing number, 'I Keep Going Back to Joe's' which, in the contemplative spirit of Christy's classic 'Something Cool,' lines the inherent regret with a layer of faint, fading hope. Such skill also pervades Kelly's gentle blend of 'Once Upon a Summertime' and 'When the World Was Young' and Joni Mitchell's 'Both Sides Now.'

Personnel:

Julie Kelly (vocals, guitar, percussion)

Bob Sheppard (flute, saxophone)

Mike Wofford (piano)

Joe La Barbera (drums)

Tracklist:

01. Moon Bird (04:38)

02. Berimbau (03:17)

03. I'm Glad There Is You (05:56)

04. Your Blues (03:30)

05. Woodstock (05:02)

06. You're My Everything (From 'The Laugh Parade') (03:13)

07. Ela ? Carioca (She's a Carioca) (04:06)

08. Everything I Love (03:57)

09. Both Sides Now (04:36)

10. Indian Summer (03:57)

11. I Keep Going Back to Joe's (04:38)

Total Playtime: 46:50

| Genre: Jazz, Vocal Jazz | Label: Chase Music | MP3 320kbps (CBR) | 112.71 MB |

IMPORTANT!

To avoid pop-up/pop-under windows from the MirrorCreator site:

1. Right-click on the host you want to download from and select "Open in a new tab"

2. Right-Click again on the provided link and select again "Open in a new Tab"

3. Download from the host and close the 2 previously opened windows.

Doing so you will almost never have pop-up/pop-under windows.

Mirror Creator

• Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
    ●
Password: forum-andr.net

Cheers, :wink:

BamSec1