Neil Young - Storytone (2014)

BamSec1

• SuperModerator

Neil Young - Storytone [Deluxe Edition] (2014)

NYm_S14.jpg

Attention, Neil Young fans – we have a real special treat for you ...
In advance of Uncle Neil's brand new album Storytone on Nov. 4, 2014, you can download the full Deluxe Edition album from the DL links at the bottom of this topic.

Neil Young will return in November with another new album. Coming just months removed from A Letter Home, Storytone serves as its aesthetic counterpart: whereas A Letter Home was recorded in lo-fi (using Jack White's Voice-O-Graph booth), its follow-up sees Young performing alongside a 92-piece orchestra.

Rumors of the album surfaced earlier this month, when German composer Chris Walden revealed that his next project would be an "upcoming Neil Young album Storytone (out Nov 4)." Subsequently, music contractor Gina Zimmitti posted photos of Young and Walden at work with a full orchestra. Also reportedly involved in the project is Young's longtime collaborator/producer Niko Bolas, who Zimmitti said was helping Young and Walden to craft "loud big band arrangements."

In a recent interview with Billboard, Young discussed his vision for an orchestral album:
I'd like to make a record with a full-blown orchestra, live-a mono recording with one mic. ... I want to do something like that where we really record what happened, with one point of view and the musicians moved closer and farther away, the way it was done in the past. To me that's a challenge and it's a sound that's unbelievable, and you can't get it any other way. So I'm into doing that.

To accompany today's announcement, Young has shared the orchestral version of his recent protest anthem, "Who's Gonna Stand Up". Backed by the rumble of overly dramatic strings and bellowing horns, Young's pleas for prosperity and increased eco-sensitivity are taken to truly grand, anthemic heights.

There is aslo an interesting article to read article at

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Tracklist:
CD 01
01. Plastic Flowers (Solo) (04:02)
02. Who's Gonna Stand Up (Solo) (03:49)
03. I Want To Drive My Car (Solo) (02:22)
04. Glimmer (Solo) (03:11)
05. Say Hello To Chicago (Solo) (04:54)
06. Tumbleweed (Solo) (03:22)
07. Like You Used To Do (Solo) (02:38)
08. I'm Glad I Found You (Solo) (03:22)
09. When I Watch You Sleeping (Solo) (05:35)
10. All Those Dreams (Solo) (03:53)
Playtime: 37:08

CD 02
11. Plastic Flowers (Orchestral) (04:06)
12. Who's Gonna Stand Up (Orchestral) (04:24)
13. I Want To Drive My Car (Band) (03:08)
14. Glimmer (Orchestral) (05:00)
15. Say Hello To Chicago (Big Band) (04:58)
16. Tumbleweed (Orchestral) (03:37)
17. Like You Used To Do (Band) (02:40)
18. I'm Glad I Found You (Orchestral) (03:40)
19. When I Watch You Sleeping (Orchestral) (05:31)
20. All Those Dreams (Orchestral) (04:25)
Playtime: 41:29

Total Playtime: 78:37

| Genre: Folk Rock / Rock / Instrumental | Label: Reprise | MP3 320kbps (CBR) | 188.47 MB |

IMPORTANT!
To avoid pop-up/pop-under windows from the MirrorCreator site:

1. Right-click on the host you want to download from and select "Open in a new tab"
2. Right-Click again on the provided link and select again "Open in a new Tab"
3. Download from the host and close the 2 previously opened windows.
Doing so you will almost never have pop-up/pop-under windows.

Mirror Creator

• Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
    ●

Password: forum-andr.net

Cheers, :wink:
BamSec1

• Like 3