adblocker

hi guys. what would be the recommended adblocker to use on my rooted Nexus 4 phone, that wont keep requesting permission to actually do something or wang out what it shouldn't?

many TIA

• SuperModerator

Hi buddy jimbo,

Well, if you rooted your device and installed stuff like Permission Manager, SuperUser/SuperSU, it is normal that your device asks which permissions you want, or don't want, to allow when installing a program.

However, when running an application, it shouldn't ask for permissions anymore. If it still does, then you must have installed a program which acts so, or ... there's something wrong in your settings.

• Like 1

hi BamSec1. i trust things are good with you. tnx for the reply, buddy.

i may have not explained myself correctly (makes a change, eh?). wh at i meant was that when i use the phoneon the internet to try to get to websites i want so i can download something, i am plagued with pop-ups and redirects. i wondered what app would be best to install so that i can stop all the crap from happening and aloow me to get to where i want to be. atm, i find it much quicker and easier to go to the sites on the puter, dowload what i want and then put it across to the phone via usb. sometimes i am not able to do so because of where i actually am and waiting til i get home is a pain. so, i am looking for an app that will stop as much of the crud as possible, without stopping me from getting to the sites and doing what i want.

hope this is a better explanation :-)

In your android Chrome browser, go to Settings > Content Settings. Enable "Block Pop-ups".

Been using Adblock Plus for Firefox (Windows) and it's database is pretty good.

Get it here for Android -

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Above solution is a browser based ad blocker.

For system wide blocking, use Adaway on rooted phones -

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

A downloading alternative is BlackMart Alpha - http://forum-andr.net/topic/32906-blackmarket-alpha-099xx/

It allows you to download full apps.

Just got a Nexus 5 (Bye Bye Apple). Will be bugging you guys later for explanations. Prep up on your Android stuff. ;)

• Like 5