Young Actor

Seafood

A young and upcoming actor was called by his agent who said, "Get down to the theatre where the big play is about to have it's opening performance, a guy playing a small walk on part has had an accident and they need a replacement now."
So the young actor rushed to the theatre and met the famous director who tells him "Ok all you have to do is when you are queued, holding a rose with your thumb and forefinger just under the flower, walk onto the stage, turn to the audience and holding the rose to your nose say "Ah the sweet aroma of my mistress" can you do that?"
"Oh yes of course" replied the young actor. And all that afternoon he rehearsed, this was his big break, he had to get this right.
The time came for his role and in full costume he walked confidently onto the stage, walked to the centre, turned to the audience and emoted in his best acting ability "Ah, the sweet aroma of my mistress!"
The audience howled with laughter and he walked off feeling on top of the world, he nailed it.
Next thing the director burst through his dressing room door shouting "Get out, get out now!"
"Why what's wrong?" replied the actor.
"You've ruined me, you've made me a laughing stock, I'll never be able to show my face in this city again, get out now!"
"Why, what did I do wrong, did I forget my lines?" replied the actor.
The director said "No, you forgot the rose!"
  • Sad 1