Black Bar

1 hour ago, BamSec1 said:

My son has the same SSg, and when he was here we tested it with my account. There was no black bar to see.

This makes it more complicated because, 2 phones from the same brand and with the same OS version, have different results here in the forum! :(

Just checked my Galaxy note which has the same details as my phone but hasn't got the black bar, this to me points at plugins or settings on my A22. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Yeah, mine is a One+ under Android 11 with Oxygen 11.6 coating. No problem

Also tried with a second one : Samsung S21 under Android 11. No problem neither.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Searched the phone and fully at a loss to find what I have or have not done to create the problem. Switched to desktop mode and its not showing. Any help would now be appreciated to resolve this error/problem as using desktop mode on my mobile is not brilliant.

• Sad 1
On 11/29/2021 at 6:53 PM, BamSec1 said:

Does the Home bar stays at the bottom constantly?

Stays at the bottom but only appears when I scroll up to the forum section.

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

In the past I used firefox on my mobile, but since 2-3 years I am using slimperience and couldn't reproduce your problem.

Now, for testing, I installed the last version of Firefox again, and believe it or not, I'm having the same problem like you. :this:

And it's only when swiping up, not down... screenshot @ 30% of its real size:

Screenshot_30%.png

I will start a support ticket @IPSsupport but I'm not sure it they will want to help as it could be browser related.

• SuperModerator

@mort7890 Do you still see the [Home] Bar now? I have disabled the Mobile Menu.

IPS pretends it could be the culprit as it is not something implemented in their software.
I think I was the one who had a "senior moment" when I pretended it was... it is only a plugin! :D

Using Firefox, the black bar is gone  now for me... YAY !!!

Rest only to contact the chatbox programmer: images don't resize above the chatbox when using a mobile.

Hi @BamSec1

All is now great, the black bar has gone thankyou for your help, you cannot have a senior moment but I can have many at 77.

Many thanks all now working fine. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
4 hours ago, mort7890 said:

you cannot have a senior moment but I can have many at 77.

Not all, but many of our members are seniors.
And from those seniors, more already have a 7 decade in their age total... we are aware of that.
This is what makes this forum so unique; an old age pension forum.

Remember HooHaa? He was an over 83 years of age Andr-Legend when he left for an other world. :cry:

You still have many years to come, together with other Andrites, and ... myself! ;)
:ty: for being with us, and being a member of our community, dearest mort7890.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

Not all, but many of our members are seniors.
And from those seniors, more already have a 7 decade in their age total... we are aware of that.
This is what makes this forum so unique; an old age pension forum.

Remember HooHaa? He was an over 83 years of age Andr-Legend when he left for an other world. :cry:

You still have many years to come, together with other Andrites, and ... myself! ;)
:ty: for being with us, and being a member of our community, dearest mort7890.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fascinating.

Made a comment but it was outdated so wiped it. Glad the fix came along.

HooHaa - what a dude!

Edited by MMT
Info out of date
  • Like 3
  • SuperModerator
3 hours ago, MMT said:

HooHaa - what a dude!

Yes he was!

And about your wiped comment "Is there a possibility that you can swap..."

Yes you can. ;)

• Like 1

Swap?

Oh, yes.

I had thought that, if possible, the SIM card from a totally different ISP could be tried on the phone to see if there was a change. There is a possibility that there might be some undocumented restriction from the original ISP. (reminiscent of a certain detective and comments about impossible/improbable?)

As an aside (and noted elsewhere here), you may have an Android phone but many phone manufacturers put their own "flavour" of Android on the phone for various reasons. Most of the time this means it is too expensive to rollout new updates and spend the effort on updating them with the preferred "flavour". So you get a company like Huawei who will bring out a new phone and give no OS follow up support for recent phones.  

I had thought about incomplete CSS rendering because not all browsers follow CSS recommendations - notably Safari when it comes to Google's webp image formats, brought out in 2010 believe it or not; but that should be there from iOS14 & MAC11. I use DuckDuckGo on my Android as I detest Google privacy issues. Just me.

Anyway, just some thoughts but CSS has made me think I should maybe have a chat with one of the Admin here about a little idea - but another time, another thread.

• SuperModerator
9 hours ago, MMT said:

I had thought that, if possible, the SIM card from a totally different ISP could be tried on the phone to see if there was a change.

Having multiple ISP companies in every country, most phones are ISP free nowadays. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
On 12/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, mort7890 said:

Guess what the black bar has reappeared

On 12/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, mort7890 said:

For your information there is also an arrow on the black bar (not on it before) which takes you back to the start.

Well yes, my fault. After the new software upgrade I re-enabled the plugin, and as I didn't see the black bar (which I did before with my Firefox browser), I thought the problem was fixed.

I contacted the programmer already about it disappearing, but will contact him again to tell the "bad" news.

Plugin disabled in a few minutes and the black bar will be gone again for you. ;)

Thanks for the info, mort7890! :good:

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
4 hours ago, mort7890 said:

For your information the purple arrow is at the bottom of any topic  so it will take you back to the top of the page.

@mort7890

That's the meaning of it. The "Back To Top" is also there on the forum topics.

• SuperModerator
3 hours ago, mort7890 said:

It wasn't there when I started this topic

Hi @mort7890 True, it was disabled and is now enabled again.

Is it disturbing when viewed on a mobile? It isn't for me as I see it is just outside the browser... normally it should be on the inside.

If it's annoying, I can disable it again, but then it's also gone on the PC's desktop (members can always press the [Home] key as it does exactly the same... jumping back to the top). ;)

Hi @BamSec1

What it looks like on the mobile is similar to  the members pictures but stops at the bottom similar to the black bar, really being honest I think it should disabled but that's only my opinion.

• SuperModerator

@mort7890 I spoke to the programmer, he will have a look at it, maybe still tonight.

I'll be back on this when I know more. ;)

• Thanks 1