Black Bar

Only appears when I scroll to the forum section, suddenly a black bar appears with a picture of a house and Home written underneath. This has suddenly started but only on my mobile and only on this site.

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

Sorry for this late reaction, but I didn't notice your topic before.

Weird that is! I also connect once everyday with my mobile to check if all works as expected and didn't see that.

Do you still have that problem?

Yes still there, cannot find how to attach an image to show you.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:53 PM, mort7890 said:

Only appears when I scroll to the forum section, suddenly a black bar appears with a picture of a house and Home written underneath. This has suddenly started but only on my mobile and only on this site.

• Sad 1
  • Administrator

Couldn't replicate your issue. All is fine for me. Checked on mobile with XBrowser. It's maybe time you update our change your browser.

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
1 hour ago, Bad Karma said:

Couldn't replicate your issue. All is fine for me.

Just checked... same here, no problem whatsoever.

• Like 1

Tried Xbrower and still the same, perhaps it's something I have accidentally clicked on my Galaxy A22 I have searched through all the settings but it is only on this site that it appears. Would post a screenshot but I don't know how to. 

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
2 hours ago, mort7890 said:

Would post a screenshot but I don't know how to. 

1. Upload it on https://postimages.org/
2. A link will be provided.
3. Click on [Direct Link] (it will be copied to your clipboard).
4. Paste it here and it will show on your post. ;)

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

That's very strange, I can impossibly replicate the problem you're having.

Which browser do you use, if I may ask?

Hi BamSec1

Have tried Chrome, XBrowser (as suggested) and firefox (as screenshot). Have gone through all the phone settings  (it is only on the phone) and it is only on this site so I am at a loss as to why or what the error is.

mort7890

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
1 hour ago, mort7890 said:

I am at a loss as to why or what the error is.

And so am I, mort7890! :this:

On 11/24/2021 at 7:52 PM, mort7890 said:

Only appears on a mobile if that helps

If I understand well, it's only when you connect with your mobile, not when you are with your desktop browser, right?

P.S. I just start thinking that it maybe has to do with something one of our plugins for which your mobile is sensible for. :thinker:

Maybe we best start a support ticket at IPS. possibly they know more about it. ;)

We'll catch up with you as soon as we know more.

• Like 1

Could well be a Chatbox problem. The black bar can be tested by changing the colour of the Chatbox background. If the bar changes colour then it is the text box within not being set up properly.

It sounds like a phone reset during and upgrade so you need to check again the background ticks. Try knocking some things off - like hardware acceleration if you have it.

• Like 2
  • SuperModerator
1 hour ago, MMT said:

Could well be a Chatbox problem.

Chatbox was not updated in more than a year, and like I understand, mort7890's problem only started recently (see below).

On 11/20/2021 at 5:53 PM, mort7890 said:

This has suddenly started but only on my mobile and only on this site.

I think it's more a problem that started after the last IPS update.

They incorporated mobile browsing in their forum software, and that could possibly be the culprit. ;)

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, MMT said:

Could well be a Chatbox problem. The black bar can be tested by changing the colour of the Chatbox background. If the bar changes colour then it is the text box within not being set up properly.

It sounds like a phone reset during and upgrade so you need to check again the background ticks. Try knocking some things off - like hardware acceleration if you have it.

Cannot find where to change the colour of the background on the phone, help and guidance would be appreciated. Don't think I have any hardware acceleration on the phone either. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BamSec1 said:

Chatbox was not updated in more than a year, and like I understand, mort7890's problem only started recently (see below).

I think it's more a problem that started after the last IPS update.

They incorporated mobile browsing in their forum software, and that could possibly be the culprit. ;)

Sounds more plausible as it's only on my mobile. ?

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

Sounds more plausible as it's only on my mobile. ?

True, but still strange that not everybody has it.

Could be that their software is not (yet) compatible with all phone models, or the latest (or older!) Miscrosoft / Android OS versions ! ?

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, BamSec1 said:

They incorporated mobile browsing in their forum software, and that could possibly be the culprit.

If that was so, we should all have the same issue. This isn't the case.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Bad Karma said:

Wouldn't that depend on the phone/OS.

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
4 hours ago, Bad Karma said:

No, like you know as well as I do that some phones have different Android/Microsoft versions.

If one looks in the Mobile OS section (s)he can see that Madam always added "Required Android O/S"
That is because many mobiles are different. Same could be (not certain 'though) with what software IPS incorporated in their program.

I do not pretend it is so, only that it is a possibility. ;)

• Like 1
On 11/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, BamSec1 said:

No, like you know as well as I do that some phones have different Android/Microsoft versions.

If one looks in the Mobile OS section (s)he can see that Madam always added "Required Android O/S"
That is because many mobiles are different. Same could be (not certain 'though) with what software IPS incorporated in their program.

I do not pretend it is so, only that it is a possibility. ;)

I am currently running Android version 11, One UI Core 3.1 & patch version October 2021 if that helps

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator

I am currently running Android version 11, One UI Core 3.1

My son has the same SSg, and when he was here we tested it with my account. There was no black bar to see.

This makes it more complicated because, 2 phones from the same brand and with the same OS version, have different results here in the forum! :(

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, BamSec1 said:

My son has the same SSg, and when he was here we tested it with my account. There was no black bar to see.

This makes it more complicated because, 2 phones from the same brand and with the same OS version, have different results here in the forum! :(

Now really at a loss myself as I have no idea where to look on my phone, signed out of my account and attached is the screenshot. Screenshot-20211129-161700-Firefox.jpg

• Like 2