Texas couple of 30 years die of Covid-19 within minutes of one other while holding hands

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Texas couple of 30 years die of Covid-19 within minutes of one other while holding hands

2058.jpg

Paul Blackwell, 61, and Rosemary Blackwell, 65 — long-time educators of Grand Prairie Independent School District — died just minutes apart at Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth.

The couple contracted the virus nearly a week before Thanksgiving. “It really took a toll on them pretty quickly,” son Shawn Blackwell said of his parents after they began exhibiting symptoms.

He said his mother was having shortness of breath at night and wasn’t sleeping. His father laid on the couch for four days. Their deteriorating conditions forced them to miss Thanksgiving with their children for the first time.

“There’s not been one Thanksgiving we’ve never spent together,” son Brandon Blackwell said.

The Friday after the holiday the couple was admitted to the hospital, where they’d spend the next few weeks fighting for their lives.

“It was hard to have them in the hospital,” Shawn Blackwell said.

The brothers weren’t able to physically see their parents and were only able to video chat with them. Their father broke down on one of those video calls, saying he didn't think he was going to make it.

“Their spirits were not too high during their hospital stay," Brandon Blackwell said. "But just us being there, I know, gave them some type of comfort. I was just glad they were able to see our faces.”

It was shortly after video calls with their children that the Blackwells were transferred to the intensive care unit.

“My little brother Shawn got to speak with my mom right before she got intubated and I was able to speak with my dad right before he got intubated, so it was crazy how that worked out,” Brandon Blackwell said.

The next time the sons would see their parents would be on their deathbeds.

“My dad wasn’t going to make it too much longer and my mom was right behind him,” Shawn Blackwell said. After consulting the doctors, the family made the difficult decision discontinue their life support.

Paul and Rosemary Blackwell died holding each other's hands. R.I.P

Ah thats a sad but beautiful thing bro.That's how we do it in Texas...except my wh*r* of an ex-wife she be holding like 40 dudes ? :shok:

It was probably a good thing though... the kids are already grown and she hasn't aged well in the last 3 years lol... dodged a bullet on that one.:yahoo:

Shortly after this post my Widowed Grandmother passed away at the ripe ol age of 97... but she waited until it was my Papas birthday to do it! What a BDay gift right? At the pearly gates on your BDay and heres your gal you unfortunately had to leave 43 years earlier. Class Act!