30 Quotes from How the Grinch Stole Christmas

uk666

• Andr-Tech

30 Quotes from How the Grinch Stole Christmas

hgsm.jpg

This Will Cheer You Up, Because, It's Christmas!

The Grinch can’t steal our Christmas spirit, but he sure can deliver laughs. Jim Carrey brought Dr. Seuss ‘beloved children’s storybook character to life in the 2000 live-action film - How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

It follows the Grinch, a grumpy, solitary creature who attempts to put an end to Christmas by stealing Christmas-themed items from the homes of the nearby town Whoville on Christmas Eve. Miraculously, the Grinch realizes that Christmas may not all be about money and presents.

Here are all the Grinch quotes we’ve come to know and love, while adding a few new one-liners to the mix:

1. It came without ribbons; it came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. — The Grinch
  2. Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more. — The Grinch 
  3. No one should be alone on Christmas. — Cindy Lou Who 
  4. Now you listen to me, young lady! Even if we’re horribly mangled, there’ll be no sad faces on Christmas. — The Grinch
  5. It’s because I’m green isn’t it? — The Grinch
  6. 4:00, wallow in self-pity. 4:30, stare into the abyss. 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me. I can’t cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing. I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. — The Grinch 
  7. Am I just eating because I’m bored? — The Grinch 
  8. Cheer up, dude. It’s Christmas. — The Grinch 
  9. Tomorrow is Christmas. It’s practically here! — The Grinch 
  10. That is not a chew toy! — The Grinch  
  11. Blast this Christmas music! It’s joyful and triumphant. — The Grinch 
  12. Be it ever so heinous, there’s no place like home. — The Grinch  
  13. I’m all toasty inside. — The Grinch  
  14. Stupid. Ugly. Out of date. This is ridiculous. If I can’t find something nice to wear, I’m not going. — The Grinch  
  15. “No matter how different a Who may appear, he will always be welcomed with holiday cheer.” — Cindy Lou Who
  16. What is that stench? It’s fantastic. — The Grinch  
  17. One man’s toxic sludge is another man’s potpourri. — The Grinch  
  18. Kids today. So, desensitized by movies and television. — The Grinch 
  19. Bleeding hearts of the world unite. — The Grinch
  20. Holiday who-be what-ee? — The Grinch 
  21. I could use a little social interaction. — The Grinch 
  22. Give me that! Don’t you know you’re not supposed to take things that don’t belong to you? What’s the matter with you? You some kind of wild animal? — The Grinch 
  23. I’m an idiot. You’re an idiot! — The Grinch  
  24. Saving you, is that what you think I was doing? Wrong-o. I merely noticed that you’re improperly packaged, my dear. — The Grinch
  25. HELP ME…I’m FEELING. — The Grinch  
  26. You can’t hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor because it isn’t about the gifts or the contests or the fancy lights. — Lou Lou Who
  27. If you utter so much as one syllable, I’LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH! If you’d like to fax me, press the star key. — The Grinch  
  28. I don’t need anything more for Christmas than this right here. My family. — Lou Lou Who
  29. That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? That’s what it’s always been about. Gifts, gifts… gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts! You wanna know what happens to your gifts? They all come to me. In your garbage. You see what I’m saying? In your garbage. I could hang myself with all the bad Christmas neckties I found at the dump. And the avarice. The avarice never ends! ‘I want golf clubs. I want diamonds. I want a pony so I can ride it twice, get bored and sell it to make glue.’ Look, I don’t wanna make waves, but this whole Christmas season is… — The Grinch  
  30. And they’ll feast, feast, feast, feast. They’ll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But that’s something I just cannot stand in the least. Oh, no. I’M SPEAKING IN RHYME! — The Grinch
  • Thanks 1