Nurse tells how conspiracy theorists claim Covid is fake even while dying of it

uk666

• Andr-Tech

Nurse tells how conspiracy theorists claim Covid is fake even while dying of it

Jodi, who works as an ER nurse, explained: ‘Their dying breaths are literally “Find out what’s wrong with me.” And when you say it’s Covid, people say, “No, that can’t be it.” ‘The nurse appeared on her local TV station KELO after tweeting about her experiences with dying Covid deniers. 

Her tweets, which have been shared more than 70,000 times, say: ‘I have a night off from the hospital. As I’m on my couch with my dog I can’t help but think of the Covid patients the last few days. The ones that stick out are those who still don’t believe the virus is real. 

‘The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm (a powerful respiratory aid that helps patients breathe). They tell you there must be another reason they are sick.

‘They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COViD because it’s not real. 

‘Yes. This really happens. And I can’t stop thinking about it. These people really think this isn’t going to happen to them. And then they stop yelling at you when they get intubated. It’s like a f*cking horror movie that never ends. There are no credits that roll. You just go back and do it all over again.’

Ms Doering wasn't so much upset about having to treat the seriously ill patients that were steadily rolling into the hospital.

That's part of her job.

What moved her most was the fact many of her patients still refused to accept the virus was real, even as they lay in hospital dying from it.

Jodi hopes her TV appearance and tweets may finally hammer home the seriousness of coronavirus. Her home state of South Dakota has experienced a surge in cases in recent weeks, with 219 of its 644 total deaths recorded in November alone.

The nurse recalled also recalled how some Covid patients in their 40s and 50s would initially tell friends that their brush with the virus had been okay, but ‘then the next time you turn around you have a 40- or 50-year-old lying there who’s not going to survive the virus.’ 

She added that there has been ‘nothing worse’ in her 22-year nursing career ‘than doing a goodbye by FaceTime.’ Many hospitals have banned families from being with their loved ones as they die of the virus, over fears of spreading it further. 

South Dakota Governor Kristin Noem has been criticized for her ‘hands-off’ approach to the outbreak, and has refused to introduce rules such as making people wear face masks in public places.

• Sad 1
  • SuperModerator

That's so sad. Today (December 10, 2020), 3K+ people died in the U.S. of A.

It's a shame some think they know better than doctors and virologists. :cry:

• Sad 1