BROWSERS

Using Chrome, home page loads instantly but sub categories takes almost 2 minutes to load. Once loaded topics load fast when clicked on. Unfortunately it takes forever to return to previous page. I receive no errors though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
On 11/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 said:

Opening the sections on the main tab to navigate

No, I meant as long as I remain on the main tab, the chatbox does not disconnect.

If I open a page in another tab and return 1 hour later to the 1st tab, then it sometimes disconnected and sometimes not.

• Like 2

Waterfox, IPS default theme. Today, Tuesday, 6.30PM my time - I have tried every possible route and backdoor and I cannot get into eBooks or Tutorials forums. The pages hang on "waiting for forum-andr.net" and just cycle endlessly. No 524 errors if only because i don't have the patience to wait that long. How can Srbija get into them to post hundreds of tutorials and an eBook or two and Bl4ckCyb3rEnigma and myself not? 'Tis a puzzle.

@BamSec1, you mentioned about a prior problem with addons. If that were the case now, the problem would persist generally with this and perhaps other websites, would it not, rather than just those two specific forums which are the only two giving me problems today?

P.S. I also did a complete cookie and cache purge. No help.

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
3 hours ago, bluescope said:

@BamSec1, you mentioned about a prior problem with addons.

Yes, Maz ... that was only a suggestion because I remembered what happened in the past.

Me too I found it strange that, at the time, only 2 members reported this. Therefore I mentioned "I wish more members would report such problems", not just the two of you.

And yes, why can some post and others, with more privileges, can't even enter the sections?

I know it is frustrating, also for me not being in the possibility to help, sorry! :(

And our server host who told me "I will let you know the tables where the high CPU on sql are, so you can pass them to I.C." but so far he was not even online anymore.

Maybe it's time to change server?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chrome browser.  Can't access warez forum, even through forum tree.  The only way I can see content is to use the "unread content" link.  This started about a week ago.  Did some URLs change?

For example

https://forum-andr.net/forum/71-full-software/

does not work.

Edited by ComputerPerson
update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ComputerPerson : no, the URLs are all still the same but the webhost is causing connection problems. If you read back through this topic, you will see what I mean. @BamSec1 is waiting to hear back from the webhost so that he can forward some data to Invision Community (the developers of the forum software used by this and other websites) and hopefully get it fixed. It is causing some of us endless trouble getting into certain forums while other members have no trouble at all with those same forums.

Thank you for the unread content idea, I hadn't even though of that.

• Like 1

I have now tried Edge, Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome with the same prerequisites, all browser history cleared, all with the same outcome.

Main page loads fast enough and also a lot of the categories that doesn't have a lot of posts. If I for example enter "Gamez Crackz" I have no problems at all, the page loads lightning fast and I can also return to main page. If I try "Full Software" that I usually visit, it takes forever to load as reported earlier.

Do you think it might be a index problem in the database?

Thank you all for your efforts trying to fix this problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
On 11/11/2020 at 11:28 PM, BTILAF said:

Do you think it might be a index problem in the database?

@BTILAFYou're having exact the same problems like me. eBooks and Full Software taking an eternity to open, while most other sections are opening instantly.

Here's what I mentioned, earlier today, in the chatbox:
I think they were very busy fixing glitches at I. C., they've only replied to our support ticket now. Maybe they are fixing glitches in their forum software program? It's only after the last update to v4.5.4 that our big problems started.

Then, after visiting the client area at I.C., the programmers of our forum software:
WOW! Many complains about high CPU usage reported by many site owners at I.C. I think the problems we're having points to I.C. being the culprit!

And that's exactly what our server host reported, high CPU usage on sql tables.

• Like 2

Yes, me too. Same old slow opening problem with some, not all pages. Waterfrox/IPS default theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
On 11/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, mort7890 said:

Site seemed to pick up and was fine for a few days, but noticing again that the pages are very slow to load. Firefox.

4 hours ago, bluescope said:

Yes, me too. Same old slow opening problem with some, not all pages. Waterfrox/IPS default theme.

Is it still the same today? If yes, I don't know what to do anymore.

However, if it's faster again, then I think I found the glitch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same just now, Bam. Usual suspects: tutorials, ebooks, songs or albums, music videos. Slowest is tutorials opened from within eBooks forum top level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Mort - the board is working perfectly at the moment with no slowdowns (in fact the board is faaasssstttt!) and all links to and within forums and subforums, header and footer breadcrumbs and everything else works.

Well done that man!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
15 hours ago, Bad Karma said:

So far so good : Waterfox G3.1

Same here (Portable version).

• Like 2

uh oh - its  happening again. Chatbox disconnecting, pages slow loading or never opening. Error 524s.

Waterfrox latest. Default theme

Maz

• Like 1

Just a question about Waterfox 3rd Gen series:

How does it work with legacy NPAPI addons? Are most of them now compatible or does one need to stay with Classic Waterfox?

Does the new version still a memory hog like the current Classic version

Maz

• SuperModerator
2 hours ago, bluescope said:

uh oh - its  happening again. Chatbox disconnecting, pages slow loading or never opening. Error 524s.

Waterfrox latest. Default theme

Had it also twice today. There was a notification from IPB to execute a small update without mentioning why it was for.

Update done.

So far all seems OK for me ... after the update.

Edit: Chatbox is a known issue ... since ages. Some days it works perfectly and then it suddenly sucks!

uh oh. Problems again: lots of Error 500s and Error 524s - all sort of blaming the server or the database (MySQL).

Classic Waterfrox latest and default Theme.

Maz

• Like 1

Also, I think a script on the pages in the background might be misbehaving?

Maz

PS - Chatbox has gone haywire and a double 524 error ccoming back for this edit. Oi!

• Like 1
  • SuperModerator
4 hours ago, bluescope said:

I think a script on the pages in the background might be misbehaving?

Scripts are browser behaviour. It has nothing to do with the forum software or the server.

And yes, Maz ... there are problems again with the server. Presently the server host is not reachable at all! :(

As for the chatbox:

On 2/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, BamSec1 said:

Edit: Chatbox is a known issue ... since ages. Some days it works perfectly and then it suddenly sucks!

The chatbox programmer let us know it is also related to the server. On all the sites where it is installed, it works like a charm: I've tested it on his site plus 2 other ones, and it's true.

Cheers, :hi:
Bam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1