BROWSERS

• SuperModerator

Please, let us know the browser you are using to navigate in the forum.

We find it strange that some users (including me) complain about problems they are facing (ERROR 500, the Chatbox disconnecting, a much too long time to refresh a page, etc. etc.).

So, we ask you to let us know which browser you are using and if you are also facing problems.

Please, follow this example:

Chrome = NO problem. - don't add anything else, we're not here to read a whole story!

Firefox = YES problem(s) - ERROR 500 + Chatbox disconnecting + Long time to refresh a page. or other error, misbehaviour of the forum.

I'll start:
Waterfox, Firefox, Firefox Nightly, Firefox Quantum = YES problems. Errors 500, Chatbox disconnecting, sometimes long waiting time to load a page.

• Like 3

Yes problems, Firefox: ERROR 500 + Chatbox disconnecting + Long time to refresh a page or other errors related to refreshing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
On 9/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, Bad Karma said:

With Waterfox problems

Update : all seems to work again even with Waterfox. I'm grateful :)

• Like 2
  • SuperModerator

I'm still having problems when using some of the themes.

Best working ones are Simplicity Red, Soft Blue and Desert.., unless I missed something.

It's announced that all themes will be updated soon.

And now our server host should start doing something! :pissed2: :batter:

• Like 2
  • SuperModerator

Waterfox

Since last night the chatbox did not disconnect anymore.

I was online all the time with the IPS Default theme.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

Since last night the chatbox did not disconnect anymore.

I was online all the time with the IPS Default theme.

Same for me with the Ivy League theme

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Waterfrocks: Forum is slow (for me) today, taking a long time for pages to load. Oddly, this page loaded quickly.

• Like 3

Chrome = Yes. Can't get into the main "Full Software" forum yet can click on individual threads and it works.
Firefox = Constant 500 errors and incredibly long page load times.

That's all I use. 

• Like 4
  • SuperModerator

WOW, this is frustrating ... also our Admin complained about slowdowns.

So far no problems for me with this Waterfox 2020.02 (64-bit).

We'll check with our host ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

So far no problems for me with this Waterfox 2020.02 (64-bit)

No problem for me with v2020.10 but horribly slow with Edge

• Like 4

Waterfrox. Mostly vastly improved speed today. No 500+ errors so far, but still a few hiccups with certain forums and actions.

• Like 3

Firefox 82.0.2 I have issues when I try to access or post in the ebooks section, sometimes it doesn't load or it's really slow.

Edit: It happens also with other pages as well.
Edit 2: The chatbox disconnects and I got also a error page from cloudflare

• Like 2

Waterfrox: echoing Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 - all the same issues except that I cannot get into eBooks at all and have given up trying in disgust. Error 524 - Waterfox points the blame at the web host. Life is too short, I'm going to read a book instead.

Maz

• Like 3
  • SuperModerator
5 hours ago, Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 said:

The chatbox disconnects

For me too but only when opening an other page in a new tab to navigate to the sections.

As long as the selected tab is the forum's first page, example: while being AFK, I have no disconnections at all, not even after 1 hour.

• Like 2

Waterfrox, default theme, Saturday - my time - 6.25PM. 524 errors - other 500 errors. I am still unable to get into eBooks or Tutorials forums, although I can get into individual posts by Srbija from the widget on the right side of the home / forums page BUT I cannot then go to ANY forum using any of the breadcrumbs top or bottom or even go back to the Home page by clicking the back button.

Poor Bam, this must be very aggravating.

Maz

• Like 2
  • SuperModerator
9 hours ago, bluescope said:

524 errors - other 500 errors. I am still unable to get into eBooks or Tutorials forums
+
I cannot then go to ANY forum using any of the breadcrumbs top or bottom or even go back to the Home page

Not that I would find it good, but I wish more members would report such problems, especially those who are not able to enter forums or the Home page.

9 hours ago, bluescope said:

Poor Bam, this must be very aggravating.

Except of some slowdowns, I'm not having any problems whatsoever navigating the forum. So far Error 500 or Error 524 = 0 (zero).

Maz, remember you had to disable one of you browser's plugins in the past and it solved the problems you had at that time?

The slowdowns are due to some high CPU usage on Sql, so the Server host told me. I directly opened a support ticket for that problem but I fear we'll have to wait till Monday before I.C. will do something about it. They only offer limited support during the weekends. :(

• Like 3

@BamSec1I have the same issue with other sections as well. I tried your suggestion(Opening the sections on the main tab to navigate), I can't open them.