20 Quotes by Whoopi Goldberg

uk666

• Andr-Tech

20 Quotes by Whoopi Goldberg

wg.jpg

• Born Caryn Elaine Johnson, Whoopi Goldberg is a leading American actor, comedian, author, and television host.
  • She’s been one of America’s leading stars for over 30 years and has been nominated for 13 Emmy Awards for her work in television.
  • She’s also one of the few entertainers to have won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony Award.
  • Whoopi Goldberg was the second black woman in the history of the Academy Awards to win an acting Oscar.
  • By any measure, she’s been successful and it’s always worth listening to successful people.

Quotes by Whoopi Goldberg:

1. I don't look like Halle Berry. But chances are she's going to end up looking like me. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  2. It's being willing to walk away that gives you strength and power - if you're willing to accept the consequences of doing what you want to do. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  3. And I don't believe that I have to stay on one side of the fence or the other. I don't believe that there is any good career move or bad career move. I believe there are only the things that make me happy. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  4. When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  5. Sitting at the table during Color Purple and looking up and suddenly realizing I was acting in front of Steven Spielberg, was pretty cool. It was pretty good. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  6. We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  7. Sometimes experience trumps assumption. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  8. I am where I am because I believe in all possibilities. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  9. It never occurs to me that there are things I can’t do. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  10. If you don’t look out for others, who will look out for you? ~Whoopi Goldberg
  11. Everything for me is visual. That’s just how my head works. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  12. Normal is nothing more than a cycle on a washing machine. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  13. You have to believe in yourself in spite of what other people believe. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  14. I don’t think in terms of failure. I don’t feel like anyone outside of me should be setting limitations. People should be encouraged to shoot for the moon. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  15. I don’t believe that there is any good career move or bad career move. I believe there are only the things that make me happy. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  16. If you can handle the fact that people are going to be mad at you when you do what you think is right, you’ll be alright. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  17. I’ve learned to take time for myself and to treat myself with a great deal of love and respect, because I like me. I think I’m kind of cool. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  18. I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That’s exactly what I’ve done. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  19. Most of all, I dislike this idea nowadays that if you’re a black person in America, then you must be called African-American. Listen, I’ve visited Africa and I’ve got news for everyone: I’m not an African. ~Whoopi Goldberg
  20. When I was a kid they didn’t call it dyslexia. They called it you know, you were slow, or you were retarded, or whatever. What you can never change is the effect that the words ‘dumb’ and ‘stupid’ have on young people. I knew I wasn’t stupid, and I knew I wasn’t dumb. My mother told me that. If you read to me, I could tell you everything that you read. They didn’t know what it was. They knew I wasn’t lazy, but what was it? ~Whoopi Goldberg
  • Like 1