Not Good NEWS

austar

• SuperModerator

Not good news indeed!

But there's a funny part on 1fichier's message ...

Extending with 1TB costs €24 while subscribing (with a new account) only costs €10 for 2TB ! :D

They would for sure allow it if you say it is for a relative living with you.

This thread could be considered as an ad and deleted by the section Mod, but seen the funny part of it, I think he will allow it.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

This thread could be considered as an ad and deleted by the section Mod, but seen the funny part of it, I think he will allow it.

I copy that.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I do not understand why you think it is a Ad, I am very concerned now because I am about to lose TBs of files and do not know what to do.

If you think that it is against the rules then please delete the post as that was never my intention.

• SuperModerator
10 minutes ago, austar said:

Sorry, I do not understand

austar ... do not worry about our comment.

If you read the General Forum Rules, you'll see that ads and links to other forums or blogs where registration is promoted, is not allowed.

Advertising for a host falls under that, but here, in your post, no one can see the name of the host and because it is a picture, there's no link to it either.

Even more, I am the one to blame 'cause I mentioned the host's name! :wink:

• Haha 1

vdkercjm

Their pricing for server space is very good however they have changed the rules so many times in the past 18 months to the point we should have seen this coming.

I have a Lifetime account which when I paid for it I had Unlimited Space and 30TB of Cold Storage.

They have now dropped the Cold Storage to 2 TB

I am seeking an alternative and refuse to want to deal with these arrogant French support people.

• SuperModerator
20 hours ago, austar said:

they have changed the rules so many times in the past 18 months

Never noticed that and I am a 1fichier subscriber since the 1 day (or almost) they started hosting.
The only thing I saw changing was that they used to show prices in $ and now it was in €.

The most I ever had to pay for a 1 year subscription was $20.00 the first year. Since then I never paid more than $10.00 for their Premium subscription.

There's one thing I don't understand, i.e. they mention "Up to 100 TB", but nowhere do I find the price for it!
Not that I need 100 TB, but just out of curiosity I'd like to know how much they charge for it.

My subscription:
1fichier.png

A friend of mine also received an Email from 1fichier mentioning she exceeded her 2 TB with 200+ GB and some files would be deleted.
Without asking advice, she bought CDN credits for 36.00, but after 4 days her account still shows she has only 2TB of space!

I told her "Next time, if you want to keep your data, you better start a new account (with an other Email address) and buy 2TB extra for only €5.00, eventually €10.00 for a full year.
1fichier2.png

Cheers, :hi:
Bam

Edited by BamSec1
BamSec1... Changed: 200MB to 200GB.
  • Thanks 1