ALL LINKS ARE NOW HIDDEN CONTENT

Suddenly all links are unvisible/blocked and a reply/like is needed.

Problem is that if the host they are on don't allways suit me (but a reaction has been given).

You have to give a reaction without even knowing that the prg. works or suits you. In the past I only pushed the like-button If I really did like it.

If there are more links from other contributors (perhaps other hosters) you need to like every single post - frustrating.

I can imagine why this has been done, but I'm not keen on this development.

• SuperModerator

Pity for you vdkercjm but it will remain like this.

In the past too many Andrites downloaded goodies without a little click on the Like_Button.png button to show their appreciation to the poster's efforts.

I believe one only needs to see the links if he/she is really interested in downloading the program, movie, music album or other he/she is on.

And if the host is not the one someone would like it to be ... is it so bad to have clicked on the heart.png ?

What's more, the country you're from and provider you're having, are both the same for you and me and they don't block hosts. :wink:

Finally, those who don't like it the way it is, are not obliged to log in, that's our Admin's, Webmaster's and also my opinion, final!

Edited by BamSec1
Fixed: Changed the postimage.org to postimage.cc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • SuperModerator
1 hour ago, floalma said:

Click on the heart button doesn't work for me, I can't see the hidden links.

Just tested with a dumb account and it's working. Must be something at your end buddy, sorry!

If you could give me the link to the topic/post it doesn't work for you, I could eventually test it there too.

Cheers, :hi:
Bam

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
On 9/11/2017 at 11:23 PM, floalma said:

It's working now, Bamsec1

It always did, floalma. You must by mistake have clicked on the smaller "See who reacted" button. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 15/08/2017 at 8:34 PM, BamSec1 said:

Pity for you vdkercjm but it will remain like this.

In the past too many Andrites downloaded goodies without a little click on the Like_Button.png button to show their appreciation to the poster's efforts.

Finally, those who don't like it the way it is, are not obliged to log in, that's our Admin's, Webmaster's and also my opinion, final!

Unforutnately, by doing this what you've done is the same as what eBay did a few years back when they changed their feedback system to not allow sellers to ever leave negative ratings. It completely devalued the integrity of the entire system to nil because the results left were meaningless. When everyone HAS to say "thanks, good job" for everything, even when that's completely untrue, then the whole system is broken, can't be trusted and is worthless.

You find today that no-one pays any attention to user feedback ratings on eBay anymore and the same will now happen in here too. All this does is force everyone to click their mouse button an extra time. It really doesn't mean anything more than that, because all choice and user discretion to act upon one's own free will when something is really appreciated or alternatively to report when something doesn't work as advertised, is gone. When everyone gets 100% in a test, how do you determine who the smartest student in the class is?

I stopped reading, leaving or in any way contributing to eBay's feedback system when they made it completely one-sided to create a false marketing picture of how supposedly satisfied their userbase was. The same thing will happen in here now too.

• SuperModerator
32 minutes ago, Legoman said:

You find today that no-one pays any attention to user feedback ratings on eBay anymore and the same will now happen in here too. All this does is force everyone to click their mouse button an extra time. It really doesn't mean anything more than that, because all choice and user discretion to act upon one's own free will when something is really appreciated or alternatively to report when something doesn't work as advertised, is gone. When everyone gets 100% in a test, how do you determine who the smartest student in the class is?

We didn't change this, it is the software company who wrote this program: on ALL forums by IPS you will see this.

And now I have enough of your negative comments, and what's more:
Forums are not democracies. Forums may be publicly accessible, but they are NOT public spaces. They are equitable to the front yard of homes, and any speaking that is done in them is at the grace of the forum owner.
There are no rights on forums. Even as a member, you are a guest.

So if you don't like it here, then go complaining somewhere else! :<_<:

• Like 3
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, BamSec1 said:

We didn't change this, it is the software company who wrote this program: on ALL forums by IPS you will see this.

And now I have enough of your negative comments, and what's more:
Forums are not democracies. Forums may be publicly accessible, but they are NOT public spaces. They are equitable to the front yard of homes, and any speaking that is done in them is at the grace of the forum owner.
There are no rights on forums. Even as a member, you are a guest.

So if you don't like it here, then go complaining somewhere else! :<_<:

I admire your patience BamSec1, especially with the newbies on this forum and it is the first time that I see you raise the tone.

As long as I can remember, even from the time of Andr.net in orange, you always supported and helped all those who asked for help.
Newcomers should first learn about the rules of the forum and master them. They are thought for all: members (of all categories), mods and Admins. It has always worked well. This creates a space of harmony and mutual help & respect.

Where it strains against the reins is when a newbie thinks he knows everything as soon as he gets here.
And when it does not work the way he wants, it's the most negative of users

No offense intended, just a fact.
The forum has never banned constructive criticism. One can question a rule and criticize it in good faith. And if criticism makes sense and is supported by the majority there is a good chance that the rule in question will be changed, bended or canceled.
The same goes for improvements on the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • SuperModerator
On 2/24/2018 at 10:23 AM, Bad Karma said:

1. I admire your patience BamSec1 ... and it is the first time that I see you raise the tone.
2. As long as I can remember, even from the time of Andr.net in orange, you always supported and helped all those who asked for help.

1. LOL yeah, and we know each other for almost 3 decades!

2. And that's my aim, satisfying and helping our members ... always was and always will.

There are very few forums where you won't find aDonate.pngbutton and/or a subscription for VIP.png membership.
Andr||Net was always a place where everything was free for all its members, from the Jokes to the Tech Help & Security [software & hardware] section.
As long as everything remains like it is now, I will keep on doing my job here ... for free as well as with pleasure! :)

Edited by BamSec1
Fixed: Changed the postimage.org to postimage.cc
  • Like 3
  • Administrator

3 decades already, yes true but it's more 3 and a half :) That doesn't make us younger ;) Time flies by very fast my friend.

I hope that the newbies will take it of the seed before taking everything for granted.
And a little of respect and thankfulness for the veterans as well as all contributors here is only little paid by all advantages and services offered here.

But now enough crap, let's live in harmony here and do what we do best : contribute & help

• Like 4
  • Andr-Tech

I think it a great idea, saying thanks/like is an important way to make contributors feel appreciated. Thanks contributors, for all your marvellous work.

Admin, BamSec1 and staff should take a colossal bow, for strive to maintain this forum and to make it a friendly, impartial, very helpful, easy-going, community.

The forum Webmaster must be pay a lots of money to keep our community going, free for all its members and without ads. Webmaster you are amazing, thank you for keeping this legendary board alive.

Long live ANDR

• Like 2
  • SuperModerator
7 minutes ago, uk666 said:

Webmaster you are amazing, thank you for keeping this legendary board alive.

uk666, I will tell our WebMaster you said this ... I am sure he will appreciate your words a lot. ;)

And yes, it is because he keeps his forum free, without ads and pop-up/-under windows that I like to contribute and help here.

• Like 2

I have been away from the forum for a while (serious health problems) and this system of hiding all links requiring a click on a like or other reaction button is new to me.

Actually I have no problem at all with the concept as I always thanked contributors before for any files I downloaded, or just posts I liked.

My problem is slightly different in that I keep seeing this pop-up:  "Sorry, you can't add any more reactions today."

Just now, after waiting a whole day, I was only allowed to add  a reaction  six times before seeing that pop-up. At this rate, it will take forever to get the files I want which are mainly all those e-books and movies I missed while away.

Sorry, I am an old lady and I get so confused with change. Can anyone explain why the restriction is happening or is there a way around it for someone who has been a member for more than six years with good community reputation and zero warning points?

Glasshopper

• SuperModerator
1 hour ago, bluescope said:

I have been away from the forum for a while (serious health problems)

Oh, I sincerely hope you are better now, bluescope.

1 hour ago, bluescope said:

My problem is slightly different in that I keep seeing this pop-up:  "Sorry, you can't add any more reactions today."

A member is allowed to click 50 times per day on the reaction buttons.

I'll ask our Administrator and Webmaster if they agree that the amount be raised, eventually temporarily, to 100.
If they do, I promise to let you know in a PM.

Edit:
Checking in the ACP, I am surprised to see that you only gave 13 reputation reactions while it is set to 50 for all members.
It is not normal that you see the "Sorry, you can't add any more reactions today." message.

If other members happen to see that message (if they are sure they reacted less than 50 times), please report in a new post hereunder.

Edited by BamSec1
BamSec1... Added: Comment
  • Like 3
On 11/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, BamSec1 said:

Oh, I sincerely hope you are better now, bluescope.

Thank you BamSec1. Not really but nothing that a few more years (I hope) will not take care of ?.

A member is allowed to click 50 times per day on the reaction buttons

Actually, on reflection, I think that a 50-times limitation is fair (I can certainly see the reasoning behind it, I think).

I'll ask our Administrator and Webmaster if they agree that the amount be raised, eventually temporarily, to 100

100-times would be nice, of course.

Glasshopper (bluescope)

• Like 2